WayForward to Publish Cinematic Platformer LUNARK, Physical Version Announced
A gorgeous chunky pixel adventure
We’ve known for awhile now that the cinematic platformer LUNARK was heading to Switch, but today we learned that developer Canari Games has teamed with WayForward for publishing duties. The game is still slated to release sometime in 2022. Even better, we also learned that a physical version is on the way from Limited Run Games.
Set in a far future where Earth’s moon has been transformed into a vessel for humanity’s survival and a totalitarian regime reigns supreme, LUNARK puts players in control of Leo, a courier with unique abilities and a mysterious past. As he gets unwittingly caught up in the rebellion against LUNARK’s iron fist, Leo must run, jump, hang, climb, roll, and shoot his way out of one life-threatening situation after another as he navigates impressively animated pixel-art environments ranging from a dystopian megalopolis to eerie caves to an alien forest. Using their reflexes and their wits, players must overcome traps, solve puzzles, earn upgrades, and battle enemy droids, and when they aren’t fighting for survival, they’ll find themselves interacting with a cast of colorful characters who will put Leo’s allegiances to the test.
- Experience a modern 2D cinematic platformer, featuring precision gameplay and stunning animation
- Immerse yourself in a compelling sci-fi story of survival, revolution, and mystery
- Intuitive but versatile controls: Run, jump, hang, climb, roll, and shoot your way to freedom!
- Explore glorious pixel-art environments, including mysterious alien ruins, a flying penitentiary, a high-tech megalopolis, and an alien forest
- Solve puzzles, overcome traps, and interact with a variety of characters
- Discover hidden upgrades to expand your health and weapon capabilities
- Yes, you can pet the dog