Fall Guys is launching for Switch today, and even better, the game will be free-to-play. This will be the first time Switch owners have a chance to enjoy the bean-bumping action, but players on other platforms have been enjoying the action for awhile. Unfortunately, those players have been experiencing a few issues, but those will be fixed up for this launch as well.
Developer Mediatonic shared some insight into a litany of fixes, tweaks, and changes that will be implemented with Fall Guys’ launch on Switch, and you can see the full rundown of what to expect below.
- major optimizations to various areas of memory usage
- improvements to tails being grabbed from a distance by players experiencing high latency
- if multiple Squads get 0 points (particularly in modes such as Xtreme Squads) they will be eliminated instead of tying and moving to the next Round
- fixed an exploit on tile levels such as Thin Ice, where players could spam jump and avoid breaking tiles (Thin Ice is back!)
- fixed a Tail Tag exploit where players could stand on a podium and evade capture
- fixed instances in Royal Fumble where the tail would disappear if the player with it disconnected
- fixed pipes at the end of Pipe Dream overshooting players over the finish line
- fixed “Multiple Shows Selected” showing when queuing for a single show in a party
- fixed hoops spawning too high to reach on levels such as Hoopsie Daisy
- fixed players queueing together being placed into separate squads
- fixed instances of players respawning in Xtreme mode
- fixed Clank appearing yellow instead of Red or Blue in Team Tail Tag
- fixed Thin Ice music in Finals Marathon