Starly shines bright!
Niantic has lifted the veil on the next Pokemon GO Community Day, and it’s going to spotlight none other than Starly! July’s Community Day kicks off July 17th, 2022 at 11 AM local time, and it’s packing in a bunch of fun activities for trainers to enjoy. You can get the complete breakdown of what’s lined up below.
- Starly will appear more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Evolve Staravia (Starly’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Staraptor that knows the Fast Attack Gust.
- Gust (Trainer Battles: 16 power, Gyms and raids: 25 power)
Community Day Special Research story: Field Notes: Starly
For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Starly Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Starly.
Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
Remember, you can give a ticket to a friend so they can experience this Community Day’s Special Research too!* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
- 3× Catch XP.
- 2× chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day*
Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust.
*The Special Trade bonus will be active from Sunday, July 17, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time. This bonus stacks with the additional Special Trade bonus for the Season of GO.
Bonuses for groups
Work together with other trainers to unlock additional bonuses!
If enough Pokémon are caught by Trainers with help from a single Lure Module, the 3× XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured PokéStop will be increased to a 4× bonus XP for 30 minutes.*
- This bonus will not stack with the base 3× Catch XP bonus and will instead replace it for the duration.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Sunday, July 17, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to challenge unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Starly to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Please note that the Community Day bonuses listed above in the “Event bonuses” and “Bonuses for groups” sections only apply to the three-hour Community Day event period.
Four-star Raid Battles
Staravia will be appearing in four-star raids! These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Bonus for completing Four-star Raid Battles
Once you defeat Staravia in a four-star Raid Battle, Starly will begin to appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
- Starly that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during July Community Day’s three-hour event period.
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.