Developer Molegato and publisher Top Hat Studios have announced the release date for their upcoming 90s-style 3D platformer, Frogun. It will be released for Nintendo Switch physically and digitally on August 2nd, 2022. Check out the latest trailer above and more details below via the press release.
Frogun is a nostalgic 3D platformer where players take on the role of Renata, a little girl with an unusual sidekick, a frog that’s a gun - the Frogun - but also her best friend.
In Frogun, Renata is left at base camp by her explorer parents whilst they set out on an expedition to the Beelzebub ruins. When they mysteriously disappear, Renata must set out on a rescue mission with the help of their latest invention – the Frogun, an intelligent, frog-shaped grappling tool. Rich in depth, collectables, challenges, and featuring vibrant crisp pixel graphics, players journey with Renata and her best friend, the titular Frogun. Through mystical jungle ruins, dark depths, freezing snow caps, and scorching lava swamps, you’ll hunt for treasure, dodge perilous hazards, and fight enemies and challenging bosses along the way.
Experience dozens of levels set across many uniquely themed worlds, encounter other mysterious adventurers, and find unlockable secrets, collectables and in-game achievements, as well as notes left by pirates, raiders, and previous explorers of the ruins. To reward collection maniacs, Frogun’s coins can be traded for unlockable cosmetics and behind-the-scenes peeks. Upon 100% completion of the game, players can unlock an expert time trials mode which provides a set of pro times to beat for each level and should serve as a speed runner’s dream, alongside a bonus dedicated speed-running mode.
- Explore colorful levels full of crispy pixelated ruins, freezing snow caps, and scorching lava swamps in a modern representation of the classic 90s 3D platformer aesthetic
- From levers to buttons, lethal traps, and adorable enemies, there are countless ways to use your Frogun to navigate the world
- Race across levels against Renata’s rival and take on the challenge of huge bosses
- Find secret areas and shortcuts by mastering the grappling mechanics
- Collect emblems by fulfilling level challenges
- Visit the hatter to trade your coins for hats, bestiary entries, behind-the-scenes looks at concept art, and more
- Unlock 2-player duel arenas to challenge your friends
- Over 30 achievements available on all platforms
- A posable photo mode to show off your creativity!