Today is yet another big day for game updates on the Switch. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, Deadcraft, Smelter, and SnowRunner have all received updates, and we’ve got the patch notes for each below.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (Version 10.0.3)
- Fixed a bug causing your Palico’s Support Moves to change randomly when teaching them certain Secret Support Moves.
- Fixed a bug preventing a reload rating lowered by 2 levels from recovering, if you remove the Elemental Reload Switch Skill after performing a specific set of actions with the light bowgun.
- (We’ve also confirmed a bug in the reload display under Equipment Info, and this will be addressed in a future update.)
- Fixed a bug causing the game to shut down when performing a specific string of attacks using the insect glaive’s Kinsect Bonus: Boosted Powder Extract on Rakna-Kadaki or Pyre Rakna-Kadaki.
- Fixed a bug in dialogue with the Buddy Scout regarding newly added Buddy Skills that was aimed at all players, instead of only affected players.
- For A1★ and A2★ quests, the health for all monsters and the attack power of some monsters has been adjusted.
- Fixed a bug very occasionally causing the game to freeze after using the Lottery with an amiibo.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Deadcraft (Version 1.0.2)
- Fixes minor issues
Smelter (Forged in Hell update)
- (Fix) Removed wall sliding in portion of Grizzler Mounds where Queen Grizzla chases from above Others
- (New) Action mode added which allows players to play a platformer-only version of Smelter
We know that strategy isn’t everyone’s cup of tea so we decided to add something with a little more of a kick. The new Action mode will let you dive right in to the platforming/action portions of Smelter via while leaving the questing and expanding of Smelter’s magnificent empire to his faithful Zirm forces. The map might look similar to the original at first glance, but don’t be fooled! Smelter can now hop between stages in an instant, clear them and open up more paths to new places! In addition to this, some of the dialogs have also received some love in order to reflect the new flow of this mode.
- (New) Boss Rush mode with various difficulties and time-tracking
Who doesn’t love pummeling big, bad guys in rapid succession? This new Boss Rush mode lets you do just that! All the boss battles in the game have been pulled together so that Eve and Smelter can lay the smackdown on the Guardians and the Watch of the Rumbly Lands one right after another. Additionally, with this new mode, you can test your skills with the different elemental abilities but there’s a catch — the higher in difficulty you go, the more your abilities are limited so good luck (you might need it)! In order to unlock this mode, you’ll need to make it towards the end of the game but we’ll let you find out where for yourselves!
- (New) Classic mode added which allows player to play the original version of Smelter
Classic Mode is the original version of the game in all of its former glory! Additionally, Action and Classic modes are saved on separate slots* so don’t worry about which one you choose. You can always start a new game in another mode if your heart so desires. *Auto-save functionality may override when switching between modes, so please make sure to manually save when changing between the two.
- (New) Save Slots are indicated separately for Action mode and Classic mode
SnowRunner (Version 1.0.5)
- Fixed an issue where subscribed maps were sometimes disabled.
- Fixed an issue with maps using custom assets.
- Optimized API calls to mod.io.
- Changed appearance of the content library.
- Added warning message regarding the compatibility of save data with older versions.
- Localization fixes.
- Bug fixes for Multiplayer, Cross-play, and UI
- Fixed a bug in co-op in Hard Mode co-op where all fuel in the gas tank would disappear when trying to refuel a fully loaded truck at a filling station.
- Fixed a crash bug in the Nintendo Switch version when saving after playing for several hours.
- Fixed an issue where save data could become corrupted after playing the game for several hours.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash at startup.