Mario scores a goal in Europe
The game industry numbers for Europe in June 2022 have come in, and Nintendo had yet another excellent month. There’s a lot to break down, but let’s start with the best-selling games of the month.
European GSD June 2022 Top 20 Games (Digital + Physical)
There’s also a ton of stats on hardware sales, accessories, and much more. You can see a complete rundown of all the details below.
- just over 377,000 consoles were sold across tracked European markets, 11% down from June 2021
- Switch saw a sales increase of 21% compared with May, and a nearly 35% increase over June last year
- overall console sales are down 21% year-to-date
- 12.8 million games were sold across European markets, a rise of nearly 30% over June 2021
- 4.73 million of those games were physical boxed editions, up 24% year-on-year
- 8.1 million of those games were digital, up 33% year-on-year
- Mario Strikers: Battle League was #2 overall for the month
- Mario Strikers was a big hit in France, with sales there representing over 40% of the game’s EU sales
- in 3 weeks, Strikers has outsold Mario Golf: Super Rush
- 1.37 million accessories were sold, up 24.3% compared with the same period in 2021
- over 1.24 million points & online subscription cards were sold during the month, up 9.9% year-on-year