Koei Tecmo has released their financial results for the first quarter of the fiscal year ending in March 2023. The period covered is from April 1st to June 30th, 2022.
Sales for the entire company were 18.654 million yen (down 9.1% year-on-year). Operating income was 11.657 million yen (up 19.9% year-on-year). On the entertainment side of things, sales were 17.805 million yen (down 9.4% year-on-year from 19.648 million yen), and operating profit was 11.491 million yen (up 16.1% year-on-year from 9.638 million yen).
- Sales of the Atelier Ryza series remain strong.
- Winning Post 9 2022 shipped 90,000 units (Japan exclusive)
- Taiko Risshiden V DX shipped 160,000 unit (Japan exclusive)
Some extra bullet points:
- Ratio between domestic and overseas sales was 53.5%
- Digital sales were up 17.4% year-on-year and accounted for 60.5% of total sales. DLC grew 6.2% year-on-year.
- 27.8% of packaged games sold were in Japan, while 72.2% were from overseas (North America: 34%, Europe: 16.2%, Asia: 22%). Packaged sales were down 30.8% year-on-year.