Capcom has released their financial results for the first quarter of the fiscal year ending in March 2023. The period covered is from April 1st to June 30th, 2022.
Overall, net sales were 25,232 million yen (down 47.9% year-over-year), operating income was 12,061 million yen (down 48.9% year-over-year), ordinary income was 12,803 million yen (down 46.4% year-over-year), and net income attributable to owners of the parent was 9,007 million yen (down 48.1% year-over-year).
Net sales were 19,860 million yen (down 54.8% year-over-year), and operating income was 12,541 million yen (down 48.7% year-over-year). Capcom claims that the decline in sales was due to sales of multiple major in the same period of the previous fiscal year. The company is on track to achieve its expected full-year earnings, says Capcom.
- Monster Hunter series total sales: 84 million units.
- Resident Evil series total sales: 127 million units.
- Mega Man series total sales: 38 million units.
- Devil May Cry total sales: 26 million units.
- Dragon’s Dogma series total sales: 6.8 million units.
- A total of 11.7 million game units were delivered this quarter.
- This achievement came with the help of the major new title Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak sales reached 3 million units as of July 13th, 2022, and Monster Hunter Rise has exceeded 10 million units worldwide.