Turrican Anthology Vol. I & II now available on Switch
A new chance to enjoy the best franchise you've never played
The Turrican series has been trumpeted by many as some of the best run-and-gun platforming gaming has to offer. If you’ve never experienced a Turrican game, today’s your lucky day. Turrican Anthology Vol. I & II are now digitally available for Switch, and they both pack in a serious collection of Turrican games from over the years. Now’s the time to see what all the fuss is about!
Turrican Anthology Vol. I & II contain ten Turrican games across two separate collections, from the Amiga, SNES, and Genesis/Mega Drive era. Celebrated as a ground-breaking video game series, Turrican was mixing exploration with non-stop action, and one of video game’s finest soundtracks by legendary German composer Chris Huelsbeck.
The breakdown between each collection is as follows:
Turrican Anthology Vol. I
Turrican (Amiga) Turrican II (Amiga) Super Turrican (SNES) Super Turrican Director’s Cut (SNES) Mega Turrican Score Attack (Genesis/Mega Drive)
Turrican Anthology Vol. II
Turrican 3 (Amiga) Mega Turrican (Genesis/Mega Drive) Mega Turrican Director’s Cut (Genesis/Mega Drive) Super Turrican 2 (SNES) Super Turrican Score Attack (SNES)
Both Anthologies also include a variety of added content:
- A map feature allowing you to scan the whole map
- The ability to turn different map layers on and off
- Various enhancements on the original map like real-time and overlay maps
- Different soundtracks to choose from: emulated, original remastered by Chris Huelsbeck himself or Turrican Soundtrack Anthology music
- The option to choose either Amiga, Console or modern controls
- Unlockable cheats
- Jukebox for each game + Bonus Jukebox
- A gallery with never-seen-before concept art
- Manual scans for all games
- Improved rewind support
- Selectable covers for each game
Turrican Anthology Vol. I & II can both be downloaded today for $35 a piece.