Japanese developer and publisher Quest Corporation, known for creating the Tactics Ogre series, was acquired by Square Enix all the way back in 2002. Today, Square Enix announced that they’re developing a reimagining of the tactical RPG, set to be released for Nintendo Switch on November 11th, 2022. Pre-orders for the game, which is titled Tactics Ogre: Reborn, have gone live, and two different editions are available. Check out a rundown of both of the editions below, as well as details on the game itself from the press release.
Tactics Ogre: Reborn - Standard Digital/Physical Edition
Price: $49.99 USD
- Tactics Ogre: Reborn Standard Edition Game
- Tactics Ogre: Reborn Digital Mini Soundtrack (download code with pre-order)
Tactics Ogre: Reborn - Collector's Edition (JAPAN)
Price: 22,000円 JPY
- Tactics Ogre: Reborn package software
- Art book “Art of Tactics Ogre Reborn”
- Script “Tactics Ogre Reborn Official Script Book”
- Mini Soundtrack “Tactics Ogre Reborn Select Album”
- Tarot “Tactics Ogre Reborn” Tarot Cards, Card Pouch, and Card Mat” (available to purchase separately in the US)
Tactics Ogre: Reborn delivers beautifully converted high-definition graphics, updated battle systems and vast sound improvements including fully-voiced cutscenes (English and Japanese), recreated sound effects and re-recorded live background music composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto – all bringing to life a new experience that Tactics Ogre veterans and a new generation of gamers alike will enjoy.
Tactics Ogre: Reborn is set in The Valerian Isles, jewels of the Obero Sea. Following many years of conflict, there finally rose a man to put an end to this: Dorgalua Oberyth. Known as the “Dynast-King,” he brought peace and prosperity to Valeria for half a century. After his death, a civil war erupts and throws the isles of Valeria into a bloody struggle for power between three warring factions. In Tactics Ogre: Reborn, players follow the story of a young man, Denam Pavel, caught in the center of the bloodshed. Although he seeks a path of freedom and justice, players will soon discover that even the noblest of goals requires impossibly difficult decisions to be made.
Reborn and deeper than ever, this classic tactical role-playing adventure enables players to fully immerse themselves in the world and intrigue of Tactics Ogre. In Tactics Ogre: Reborn, players will take control of a team of units on the battlefield and utilize the turn-based combat system to act strategically and gain the upper hand over their enemy. As players progress, they can recruit additional party members, experiment with various classes, weapons, magic and abilities, and make key decisions at several instances in the story that will ultimately impact how events unfold.
New updates and features include:
- Beautifully remastered graphics that enhance yet maintain the original distinctive visual style
- Fully voiced cutscenes in English & Japanese
- Full orchestral re-recording of the game’s soundtrack
- Assorted quality of life updates, such as:
- Redesigned battle system
- Adjusted level management system
- Reworked AI
- Simplified and improved UI