Even more success for the Switch
Last week, we shared a breakdown of game hardware/software sales in Japan for July 2022. As usual, Nintendo easily took the top spot in both areas of the market, making them the #1 publisher yet again.
Today brings us a few more interesting stats on July 2022 in Japan. This includes game sales, hardware info, and more. You can see the info round-up in the bullet points below.
- Mario Party Superstars and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics reach one million copies sold
- 1.3 million Switch games were sold throughout the month, the second-best month of 2022 so far
- Nintendo accounted for 86.2% of game sales in July 2022
- 354,000 Switch units were sold during July, the second biggest month of the year for console sales yet
- Switch units made up 72.2% of all hardware sold, with 34.6% taken up by the OLED model