Earlier this month, Paramount Pictures confirmed that Sonic the Hedgehog 3 would be getting a theatrical release on December 20th, 2024, but seeing as that’s still over a year away, details on the project were understandably vague. Due to the end-credits scene in Sonic 2, we already assumed Shadow the Hedgehog would be playing a major antagonistic role in the threequel, but not much was known beyond that. Now, the Spanish-speaking Sonic news site SonicParadise.net site has reported that Production Weekly revealed major plot details for Sonic 3 in its latest issue.
Unfortunately, GoNintendo is unable to verify the information that’s been shared, as Production Weekly is behind a $75-a-month subscription paywall. This is why we are listing the following information as only a rumor, because otherwise, Production Weekly is a very reliable source for media production data.
Courtesy of an English translation by SonicStadium.org, below you can find of all the plot details for Sonic 3 that have been provided by SonicParadise.net via Production Weekly. SPOILER WARNING!
- With Sonic, Tails and Knuckles having defeated Robotnik and his Badniks, Green Hills was saved… but it wasn’t over yet!
- The team will have to face what Robotnik’s grandfather has created – the Shadow Project.
- When the Chaos Emeralds was destroyed [in Sonic 2], Robotnik obtains the mini-Emeralds and creates his own metallic version of Sonic, which will be used to get his sinister revenge on the blue blur!
- Together with Shadow, [Robotnik] will try to defeat [Sonic] once and for all.
- Through a dimensional portal, various characters – Amy and Big – show up to help [Sonic].
- Can the team defeat Robotnik before the world comes to an end?