Get in the rhythm!
Nippon Columbia has announced the rhythm game Sumikko Gurashi: Minna de Rhythm Party for Switch. The game is set to launch in Japan on November 2nd, 2022, and it’ll be priced at 6,380 yen. There will be both a physical and digital launch.
Sumikko Gurashi: Minna de Rhythm Party is a rhythm game that you can play together with family and friends where you press buttons and swing the Joy-Con to the rhythm of the music. Settings featured in the game include a tennis court, hot spring, ship, music festival hall, and more. There is also a variety of outfits to dress up your characters in.
As far as modes, the following have been announced:
- A single-player game in which you aim for the high score
- An up to four players game in which each player competes against each other
- A game in which players are separated into two teams
- A game in which everyone works together for the high score
- “Shuffle Play” and “Shuffle Battle,” which switch between different rhythm games one after another
If you’d like to see the first round of screens for Sumikko Gurashi: Minna de Rhythm Party, you can find a gallery here.
As for controls in Sumikko Gurashi: Minna de Rhythm, they couldn’t be simpler. All you have to do is hit a Joy-Con button with correct timing, or you can swing the Joy-Con instead. There’s even a practice mode for those who are still apprehensive.