Non-linear 2D action-platformer "Imp of the Sun" heads to Switch in early 2022
Imp, imp, and away!
The non-linear 2D action-platformer, Imp of the Sun, from developer Sunwolf Entertainment, has been announced for Nintendo Switch, and will be releasing in early 2022 via publisher Fireshine Games. You can watch the latest trailer above and view a synopsis below.
Imp of the Sun is a non-linear 2D Action-platformer that combines fast-paced combat and exploration set across a stunning Peruvian-inspired world, from the bright peaks of the Andean mountains to the dense Amazonian jungles and much more.
You play as Nin, an Imp created from the final spark of the Sun, who is sent on an adventure to defeat the Four Keepers and restore the Sun’s power, ending the Eternal Eclipse before the world is plunged into darkness.
End the Eternal Eclipse
Stolen by the Four Keepers centuries ago and hidden in the distant corners of the Empire, life cannot go on without the Sun’s power. With its dying spark the Sun creates Nin, sending him on an adventure to bring back the light and restore balance to the Empire.
Use your Inner Fire
As a creature of the Sun, you have the power of its flame at your fingertips. Refine your skills in streamlined gameplay built for fluid movement and combo-based combat and discover new abilities to become more powerful as you venture across the Sun’s Empire to defeat the Four Keepers.
Explore, Collect and Learn
Our ancestors recorded their history through artefacts known as ‘Quipus’. Collect Quipus to unveil the story behind the Eternal Eclipse, and find unique hidden items based on real relics from the Andean cultures. Explore the Sun’s Empire and defeat unique, punishing bosses in any order you choose; each with their own complex mechanics and backstory.
A Stunning Peruvian-Inspired World
Discover the four corners of the Empire, from the bright peaks of the Andean mountains and dense Amazonian jungles, to dry, blistering deserts and the dark depths of the underworld. Every land and creature are lovingly hand-drawn and crafted with detail, celebrating the civilizations that once roamed and ruled Peru.
- Streamlined gameplay built for fluid movement and combo-based combat.
- Unique Peruvian-influenced art style and soundtrack, inspired by real-world relics of the Andean culture.
- Experience five unique and punishing bosses in any order you choose each with their own complex mechanics and backstory.
- Keep powering up as players learn how to better control the Imp and its power and navigate the environments.
- Imp of the Sun is built to be played and then re-played, players may even find short cuts along the journey.
- Play Eclipse Mode for the authentic experience in a darkened kingdom, with all areas shrouded in total darkness until explored by the Imp.