Full details on GameStop's upcoming Shiny Eternatus distribution detailed
Starting later this week!
A little over a week ago, we caught wind of an upcoming Pokémon Sword and Shield distribution at GameStop. We knew the distribution would be for Shiny Eternatus, but we didn’t have the specifics. Today, Pokémon Co. and GameStop have come forward to share the details.
If you’re heading out to your local GameStop (in the US and Canada) or EB Games (in Australia and New Zealand) to pre-order your Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet, you’ll be able to snag a Shiny Eternatus for Pokémon Sword or Shield. From September 18th to October 1st, 2022, you can visit these participating retailers to pick up a special code card that will let you receive the Legendary Poison- and Dragon-type Pokémon.
Shiny Eternatus will appear at Lv. 100 with a Timid Nature and the Pressure Ability. It’ll know the moves Dynamax Cannon, Eternabeam, Sludge Bomb, and Flamethrower. To claim your in-game gift, follow these steps:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code or password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes. Items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.
No purchase is required to receive a code card, but the offer is only available while supplies last, so don’t delay.